So You Think You Can Grill? Try These Unique BBQ Dishes!
It’s almost summer time, which means it’s time to warm up the grill for BBQ Month! Check out these unique and delicious ideas to start the BBQ season strong, and some suggestions for sides.
- BBQ Chicken Pizza: Pizza is wonderful all year round, but how about adding some flavor and kick to this next one at home by grilling your chicken, then shredding it and adding to a BBQ pizza? Or take it a step further by grilling the entire pizza for some delicious charred lines and grill flavor. Your friends will love this fast but delicious way to mix up your next party.
- Grilled Peaches or Pineapple: Grilling fruits is a great way to add an extra kick to a healthy, warm dish. Coat your fruit with vegetable oil and grill for a minute. Another option is to coat the peaches or pineapple in melted butter and brown sugar for a sweet treat! They make great sides with your main BBQ entrée.
- Grilled Salmon: Don’t just bake it, grill it! Add some BBQ sauce to the salmon and your grilled fruit on the side and for a flavorful feast!
- Spicy Grilled Watermelon: It’s true that combining sweet and spicy can be an amazing pairing. Grill watermelon and spice with chili powder great and quick snack. Another sweet and spicy combo to pair is Southern Recipe Small Batch Pineapple Ancho Chile Pork Rinds.
- Lime Shrimp Kebab: Fresh shrimp on a kebab with lime squeezed on top is a great main entrée for any BBQ. This light dinner will pair well with a side of grilled vegetables or Southern Recipe Small Batch Baked Cilantro Lime Pork Rinds.