Truck Driver Appreciation Week is Here!
Truckers are a major resource for every grocery store, restaurant and food service provider. They are one of the main methods of transportation for the goods and food we enjoy every day. It’s about time we took a moment to say ‘thank you’.
But, long hours on the road and unhealthy eating options can take a toll on truck drivers’ health. This week (September 9th – 15th) is Truck Driver Appreciation Week, and we are showing our support of Truck Drivers by encouraging others to vote every day in our Pedal to the Kettle campaign, where fans can vote daily on their favorite trucker-friendly recipe.
The contest ends the 15th, so be sure and vote today! While you’re at it, check out one of the recipes made with Southern Recipe Small Batch Blackberry Habanero Baked Pork Rinds.
Blackberry Habanero Pork Rind-Crusted Pollock
- -2 pollock fillets
- -1 egg
- -1/8 cup of water or milk
- -2 (4 oz.) bags of Southern Recipe Small Batch Blackberry Habanero Pork Rinds
- -Salt and pepper to taste
- -Olive oil
- -Blackberries (optional)
- Mix egg and milk or water in a small bowl or ziplock bag.
- Place pork rinds in a large ziplock bag and crush into fine pieces.
- Pat fish fillets dry with a paper towel.
- Season fillets with salt and pepper to taste.
- Dip fillets into egg wash and coat with the crushed pork rinds.
- Heat pan to medium-high and coat bottom with olive oil.
- Once the pan is hot, place fillets into the pan and let cook until golden brown, then turn. Finish cooking fillet until golden brown. Remove from heat and place on paper towel to rest/drain.
- Garnish with fresh blackberries, if available.