Surf and Turf Remix: Pork Rind Oven Fried Salmon
Steak and fish are the classic surf and turf dish, but what if you’re looking for something different to surprise your friends or family? Instead of showing up with the predictable, level up your game with this Pork Rind Oven Fried Salmon.
I’m feeling this surf and turf remix for dinner tonight. Who wants to join me? I’ll cook if you bring drinks! #SurfnTurfRemix #PorkRinds #BYOB Tweet It Here!
- 1/2 cup Southern Recipe Small Batch Spicy Dill Pickle Pork Rinds, crumbled
- 1 small salmon filet
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated.
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 pinch pink salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 3 Tbsp avocado oil
- Slice of lemon
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Add 2 tablespoons of avocado oil to the skillet and set to medium heat.
- Place crumbled pork rinds, Parmesan, all the seasonings (except mustard) in a bag and shake well.
- Rinse salmon, pat dry, and add mustard on top.
- Add mustard salmon to the bag of seasonings and shake until completely coated.
- Place coated salmon in skillet, skin side down. Pan fry for 4 minutes, do not turn the filet over.
- Drizzle the top of the filet with remaining avocado oil.
- Place the skillet with filet in preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Make sure the thickest piece of salmon has turned pale.
- Remove from oven and squeeze fresh lemon on top.