pork rind pesto bites
- southern recipe small batch pork rinds, sea salt & cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 cauliflower heads, steamed and mashed
- 1/2 cup almonds, crushed
- 1 cup romano cheese, shredded
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pesto
- mini mozzarella balls
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1. Steam and mash 1 1/2 cauliflower heads.
2. Mix in almonds, romano cheese and mix well.
3. Add egg, pesto and mix well.
4. Mix 1/2 cup crushed pork rinds with 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs on a plate.
5. Using your hands, make a palm-sized ball of the mixture. Gently add a mini mozzarella ball into the middle of the ball and form the mixture around it.
6. Roll the ball in the pork rind break crumb mix and place on a parchment covered baking sheet.
7. Drizzle with olive olive and bake for 25 minutes at 400°F.