orange pork rind chicken nuggets
- for chicken nuggets:
- 4 oz Southern Recipe Small Batch Pork Rinds, crushed |
- 2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- vegetable oil, for frying
- for sauce:
- 2 cups marmalade
- 12 oz BBQ sauce
1. Add the chicken pieces in a bowl with the buttermilk and salt. Stir to coat and set aside.
2. Crush the pork rinds into fine crumbs and place in a bowl. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl.
3. Coat the chicken pieces in a layer of crumbs, then quickly dunk in the beaten egg, then coat again in the crumbs. Lay them on a sheet pan and heat 1 inch of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Fry the chicken in batches about 2 to 2 1/2 minutes per side, watch so they don’t become overly brown. Remove from skillet and drain them on a paper towel.
5. Mix marmalade and BBQ sauce to make orange sauce in a sauce pan over low heat for 2 minutes. Coat fried nuggets completely in warm orange sauce and serve immediately.