double stuffed mac 'n cheese
- 4 oz sea salt and black pepper southern recipe small batch pork rinds, crushed
- 3 cups mac and cheese, premade
- 12 large pasta shells, cooked
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup flour
- oil for frying
1. Precook large pasta shells al dente and let cool.
2. Prepare mac and cheese and let cool.
3. Preheat oil to 375°F.
4. Crush pork rinds and mix with parmesan and panko breadcrumbs. Add mixture to dinner plate.
5. Beat 2 eggs with milk in a bowl to make eggwash.
6. Stuff each large pasta shell with the premade mac and cheese. Roll the stuffed shell in flour. Next dip and cover in eggwash. Then roll the stuffed shell in the pork rind mixture, coating liberally.
7. Use a spoon to carefully place the stuffed shell into the hot oil.
8. Fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes.