Potato Encoated Pork Rind Hot Dogs
- 4 oz pasilla chili cheese southern recipe small batch pork rinds, crushed
- 6 all-beef hot dogs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 lbs frozen homefries, thawed
- oil for frying
1. Preheat oil to 400°F.
2. Mix crushed pork rinds, flour and cornmeal.
3. Stir in oil, one egg, and milk, and mix well.
4. Spread the thawed homefries onto a plate.
5. Place your hot dogs onto skewers. Using a spatula, completely coat the hot dog in the mixture.
6. Roll your battered hot dog in the thawed home fries. Use your hands and press the homefries into the batter.
7. Fry until golden brown, about 90 seconds.