Hawaiian Style Low Carb Pizza
Recipe submitted by: Jennifer Cordero
Ingredients for Dough:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup ground pork rinds, Southern Recipe Small Batch Pineapple Ancho Chile
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian spices
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
Ingredients for Sauce:
- 1 can crushed pineapple, juices reserved
- 1 (16 oz.) bottle barbecue sauce
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, garnish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Feta or horseradish cheddar cheese
Directions for Dough:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Mix cream cheese, eggs, seasonings and Italian cheese. Mix well. Add ground pork rinds. This will be a very thick mixture.
2. Plop the dough onto a heavily greased pizza pan, or cover a pizza pan with parchment paper. Cover dough with plastic wrap or wax paper and roll or pat out to edges. It's a very workable dough.
3. Bake the crust for 20 minutes, remove from the oven and let stand 10 minutes.
Directions for Sauce:
1. Pour barbecue sauce and half of the reserved pineapple juice (more or less as desired) into a medium sauce pan, then stir in red bell pepper, jalapeño, garlic and red onion.
2. Let simmer to thicken.
3. Top cooked pizza dough with leftover chicken or pork. Sprinkle choice of cheese on top, then drizzle sauce mixture.
4. Place in oven until bubbly. Enjoy!