Pork Rind Breakfast Casserole
Recipe submitted by: Robert Greene
- 1/4 stick of real butter
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup of diced green peppers
- 1/2 cup of diced purple onions
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms (or one 18 oz. can)
- A pinch of dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 roll of sage breakfast sausage (or substitute 2 cups of diced ham)
- 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 bag of Southern Recipe Small Batch Sea Salt & Cracked Black Pepper pork rinds, crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Mix eggs in a bowl with heavy cream.
3. Cook meat with peppers, onions and mushrooms until well-done.
4. Butter the inside of a baking pan. Put meat mixture into the pan and add the additional ingredients.
5. Top the casserole with the crushed pork rinds.
6. Bake for 30 minutes.