pork rind pizza crust
- exclusive recipe from james beard award winning author and chef Tim Byres.
- get more of tim's original recipes here: porkrindrecipes.com.
- Southern Recipe Small Batch Pork Rinds, Sea Salt & Cracked Black Pepper
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. oregano, dried
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease a pizza pan or baking sheet.
2. To make the pork rind crumbs, pulse half of a 3.6 ounce bag until the rinds resemble breadcrumbs.
3. In a bowl, whisk the eggs with a fork then combine the cream cheese, dry oregano, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and shredded cheeses in a bowl. Mix well. Stir in the crushed pork rinds until incorporated.
4. Place the pork rind mixture on the prepared pan. Cover with a sheet of plastic wrap or wax paper and spread the mix to the edge of the pan in an even circle.
5. Place the crust in the oven and bake for 20 minutes at 425 degrees F. Remove the cooked crust from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes to cool. Once cool, take a knife and free the outer edges of the dough from the pan and run a flat spatula under the crust to completely free it. The dough must be cool or in will continue to stick.
6. Flip the crust top to the bottom and top in traditional pizza fashion with sauce, vegetables, cheese and meats. Return to the oven and bake until the sauce and cheese are bubbly. Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes then cut into serving pieces.