honey roasted asian pear with pork rind crumble
- exclusive recipe from james beard award winning author and chef Tim Byres
- southern recipe small batch pork rinds, korean kimchi bbq |
- 4 medium carrots, peeled
- 1 asian pear
- 1 tbsp. montreal seasoning
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 sprigs italian flat leaf parsley
1. Preheat oven broiler to 500°F.
2. Add carrots into a large cast-iron pan. Cut the pear in half and scoop out the core with a tablespoon, then place them skin side down in the pan with the carrots.
3. Season the carrots and pear halves with extra virgin olive oil and Montreal seasoning, then place the pan under the broiler on a middle oven rack.
4. Cook until the carrots are soft. The fruit and carrots will darken and caramelize in about 15 minutes.
5. Remove pan from oven and roughly cut the carrots and pear with a knife. Add the lemon juice and honey. Spoon into serving bowls. Garnish with parsley leaves and pork rind crumbs on top.